Ghana's biggest digital entertainment and news platform Yen.com.gh is looking for an Editorial Intern with the temporary duties of an Administrative Assistant.WHAT TO DO:
As an Editorial Intern*, you’ll be able to dig into all editorial processes and perform such duties as:
- Publishing news material that meets YEN's editorial standards, in-house style guide, and the rules (policies) of platforms (Facebook, Google, others);
- Rewriting and editing copy to ensure it is readable, free of plagiarism, and appeals to the target audience;
- Ensuring articles have catchy headlines and appropriate visual elements, and photos;
- Assisting the SMM team and publishing your content on Facebook.
As a temporary Administrative Assistant, you’ll need to focus on such duties:
- Managing the front desk (answering phones and receiving visitors);
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars;
- Scheduling and coordinating staff and other meetings;
- Preparing communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence;
- Responding to incoming advertising requests;
- Writing and editing documents from letters to reports and instructional documents;
- Creating and maintaining filing systems, both electronic and physical;
- Assisting with budget activities;
- Preparing confidential documents and reports;
- Maintaining meeting minutes;
- Maintaining complete stock of all office supplies and accuracy of inventory;
- Connecting with vendors to carry out fixes and improvements;
* During your time in the team you’ll be able to grow. If you show a good working attitude and high performance, you’ll be able to join the editorial team as a full-time editor. CORE VALUES:
- Passion for entertainment and human interest news reporting.
- Understanding of Ghanaian pop culture and celebrity lifestyle.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Hard worker.
- Goal-oriented - Can work with deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- University degree in journalism/media studies or related field.
- Perfect command of the English language (you will have to take several tests to prove it).
- 1-2 years experience working as an administrative assistant or in a similar capacity would be an advantage;
- Experience in the media industry or digital/social media field would be an advantage;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to type fast;
- Understanding of Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace;
- Ability to provide accurate reports;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively;
- A good laptop/PC (at least Intel 3);
- Good, stable and reliable internet connection (uncapped, with a line speed of at least 4MBps). Cellphone data is not acceptable.
Yen.com.gh is one of the biggest news and entertainment platforms in Ghana. Yen.com.gh is a partner of Legit (ex-GMEM), a media holding operating in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana, with projects like Legit.ng, TUKO.co.ke and Briefly News.
- Competitive salary.
- Comfortable working environment and super-friendly team.
- Opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.