Yen.com.gh is one of the biggest news and entertainment websites in Ghana. Yen.com.gh is a partner of Legit (ex-GMEM), a media holding operating in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana, with projects like Legit.ng, TUKO.co.ke and Briefly News.WHAT TO DO:
- Write 6 articles a day (a mix of original, exclusive and re-written / aggregated news).
- Source multi-media to accompany your article.
- Source images to accompany your article using our tools.
- Publish articles on the CMS.
- Post articles on Facebook.
- Ensure timely processing and publishing of news
- Ensure that your materials meet YEN’s editorial standards, in-house style guide, and the rules (policies) of platforms (Facebook, Google, others).
- Passion for fashion topic.
- Ability to write Entertainment, UGC and industry news related to fashion.
- Understanding of the Ghanaian entertainment industry and fashion trends.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Hard worker.
- Goal-oriented - Can work with deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A qualification in journalism and/or previous writing experience;
- Experience in the digital/social media field would be an advantage;
- Expertise in local & global fashion news;
- Contacts within the fashion and entertainment industry would be an advantage;
- Independence and dedication, as this position requires both remote and office work;
- Good communication skills;
- Perfect command of the English language (you will have to take several tests to prove it).
- A good laptop/PC (at least Intel 3);
- Good, stable and reliable internet connection (uncapped, with a line speed of at least 4MBps). Cellphone data is not acceptable.
- Competitive salary.
- Comfortable working environment and super-friendly team.
- Free access to advanced media tools such as Grammarly, CT, Getty etc.
- Free workshops and training sessions, opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.