Yen.com.gh is one of the biggest news and entertainment websites in Ghana. Yen.com.gh is a partner of Legit (ex-GMEM), a media holding operating in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana. Other Legit projects like Legit.ng, TUKO.co.ke, Briefly.co.za, and Sportsbrief.com also made the list of most visited and trusted news websites in their countries.WHAT TO DO:
- Ensuring timely processing and publishing of news material that meets YEN's editorial standards, in-house style guide, and the rules (policies) of platforms (Facebook, Google, others).
- Verifying facts and accuracy of all news reports before they are published.
- Rewriting and editing copy to ensure it is readable and appeals to the target audience.
- Producing authentic content free of plagiarism.
- Ensuring articles have catchy headlines and appropriate visual elements, photos.
- Passion for entertainment and celebrity news reporting.
- Understanding of Ghanaian pop culture and celebrity lifestyle.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Hard worker.
- Goal-oriented - Can work with deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- University degree in journalism/media studies or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in entertainment reporting or working in a similar capacity.
- Perfect command of the English language (you will have to take several tests to prove it).
- Expertise in local & global entertainment and celebrity news affairs.
- Experience in the digital/social media field.
- A good laptop/PC (at least Intel 3).
- Good, stable and reliable internet connection (uncapped, with a line speed of at least 4MBps). Cellphone data is not acceptable.
- Competitive salary.
- Comfortable working environment and super-friendly team.
- Opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.