WHAT TO DO:
• Ensuring timely processing and publishing of news material that meets YEN's editorial standards, in-house style guide, and the rules (policies) of platforms (Facebook, Google, others).
• Verifying facts and accuracy of all news reports before they are published.
• Rewriting and editing copy to ensure it is readable and appeals to the target audience.
• Producing authentic content free of plagiarism.
• Ensuring articles have catchy headlines and appropriate visual elements, photos.
• University degree in journalism/media studies or related field.
• 1-2 years experience in politics reporting online or working in a similar capacity.
• Perfect command of the English language (you will have to take several tests to prove it).
• Expertise in local & global politics and current affairs.
• Experience in the digital/social media field.
• Passion for political and general news reporting.
• Understanding of the Ghanaian political landscape.
• Sense of responsibility.
• Hard worker.
• Goal-oriented - Can work with deadlines.