Ghana's biggest digital entertainment and news platform YEN.com.gh is looking for an experienced Copy editor!WHAT TO DO:
- Proofreading and fixing at least 50 articles per day (approximately 20,000 words) during working hours.
- Ensuring that the best editorial practices and company standards are being followed carefully.
- Double-checking that names, places and organisations are spelt properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate.
- Suggesting changes to enhance articles’ readability, conciseness and style; sending writers explanations about mistakes.
- Checking that illustrations and captions are correct.
- Checking grammar and spelling in social leads and headlines in Facebook posts.
- Preparing monthly performance reviews for each writer.
- Organising training sessions for writers to improve their performance.
- Flawless command of the English language is essential, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and semantics.
- University degree in English/journalism/media studies or related field.
- 1-2 years experience in online media, digital field or working in a similar capacity.
- Expertise in the local and world news media industry would be an advantage.
- Independence and dedication as this is a senior position.
- This is a full-time position: Monday to Friday (8 am to 5 pm / 9 am to 6 pm). This position requires both remote and office work.
- Good communication skills.
- A good laptop/PC (at least Intel 3).
- Good, stable and reliable internet connection (uncapped, with a line speed of at least 4MBps). Cellphone data is not acceptable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Passion for news.
- Understanding of Ghanaian political landscape, pop culture and celebrity lifestyle.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Hard worker.
- Goal-oriented - can work with deadlines.
- This is your chance to join a friendly and highly skilled team.
- Professional growth is guaranteed.
- Free workshops and training sessions, opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.
- Competitive salary.
PS: If you apply and don’t receive any feedback within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.Yen.com.gh is one of the biggest news and entertainment websites in Ghana. Yen.com.gh is a partner of Genesis Media Emerging Markets company, a media holding operating in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana, with projects like Legit.ng, TUKO.co.ke, Briefly.co.za, and Sportsbrief.com